Borough of Waynesboro and Washington Township
Franklin County, Pennsylvania
Identifies Commercial Enhancement Areas, Downtown Revitalization Areas, Industrial Reinvestment Areas and Residential Reinvestment Areas.
Establishes Priority Action Items, including:
- Providing flexibility for re-use of commercial buildings through the zoning ordinance.
- Providing financial incentives for re-use of buildings.
- Securing land and buildings for industrial development.
- Remediating and redeveloping Brownfield properties.
- Enhancing heritage tourism.
- Working with Main Street Waynesboro to secure appropriate re-use and infill of vacant and underutilized properties.
- Implementing the Downtown Master Plan by recruiting appropriate retail, creating gateway signage, preparing streetscape plans, improving pedestrian linkages between parking areas and Main Street and adding pedestrian-friendly outdoor use area along linkages.