We are currently looking for a qualified individual to perform field surveying and office tasks associated with day-to-day data collection and processing responsibilities.Read More
We are actively recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer to manage municipal projects and perform technical assignments involving storm water management, MS4, local road improvements, and related civil engineering projects.Read More
Spotts, Stevens and McCoy (SSM) is a full service engineering, environmental , and surveying firm. Our work enhances the quality of life for our clients, our employees, and all the people touched by our work. Our work is important; it touches this generation and future generations with a scope broader than we can imagine and a legacy that lives beyond us. Our expanding market share and client base has created opportunities for growth for individuals who share our core values. If you enjoy a strong team environment, high performance culture and having fun at your job this is the place for you!
We are seeking a highly motivated, performance driven, team oriented Senior Mechanical/HVAC Engineer in our Architectural Engineering Group.
Responsibilities include the mechanical design of HVAC and other building systems for higher education, healthcare, data center and industrial projects. The candidate will have proven track record of success; strong technical, project management, communications skills; and a passionate and positive “get it done” attitude.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to or spearhead a variety of HVAC, plumbing, process piping and fire protection and data/telecommunication system design projects.
- Work with multi-discipline staff in designing and implementing mechanical systems in new or existing buildings.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers and designers.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Develop project proposals and budgets.
- Participate in project interviews.
- Directly interface with clients, vendors, contractors and associates of SSM.
- Perform mechanical design calculations and standard computations, such as building heating and cooling.
- Follow building design and energy codes and standards.
- Survey mechanical systems, equipment and building conditions.
- Specify equipment requirements.
- Prepare technical reports and specifications.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) in PA (and NY preferred).
- LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering or commensurate experience.
- 10-15 years of experience in the mechanical design of HVAC and other building systems, including overseeing and troubleshooting control systems, systems startup, and on-site construction administration.
- The demonstrated ability to complete jobs on time, within budget and to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Ability to apply and satisfy multiple project needs and commitments.
- Strong knowledge of building and energy codes.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Deltek Vision a plus.
- Experience with oil and gas pipeline compressor and PRV Station Mechanical a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in working with managers, staff, clients, vendors and associates of SSM.
SSM is currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 15 years' experience with data center design and power distribution. Responsibilities include electrical design and electrical studies; technical oversight; directing electrical design staff; proposal preparation; and client and project management.
Requirements: B.S., Electrical Engineering; Professional Engineering license in Pennsylvania.